Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Muffins


I am still not sleeping well, which is nothing new. This morning having read the paper before dawn,  worked out,  and processed the office payroll, I was hungry. So why not make some bran muffins?

 I have been tweaking this recipe for years, and I think I finally have it where I want it. Although I may have to add Nicole's enticing recipe for bran muffins to my repertoire. Try them both and see what you think.


With a smear of cream cheese and a dollop of homemade fig jam

Favorite Bran Muffins

1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups All-Bran cereal
1 1/4 cups skim milk
1 egg
1/4 cup canola oil


Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and coat 12 muffin pan cups with cooking spray.

Stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl combine All-Bran cereal and milk. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal is softened.  Add egg and oil and beat well. Add flour mixture and stir until combined.

Portion out batter evenly into muffin pan cups.

Bake for 20 minutes. Cool.

































Favorite Bran Muffins

2 comments: